We are Tax Lawyers dedicated to bringing relief to taxpayers across the United States. We represent individuals and businesses across the country on matters relating to their taxes and on disputes they have with the IRS or New York State taxing authorities.
At the Thorgood Law Firm, we offer prompt and personalized solutions to your tax problems. We help with:
- Property Seizures
- Innocent Spouse Reliefs
- Offers in Compromise
- Delinquent Tax Returns
- Sales Tax problems
- Wage Garnishments
- Penalty Abatements
- Installment Payments
- Payroll Tax problems
We also assist clients with:
- Criminal Audits & Examinations
- Criminal Tax Defense
Our attorneys have represented clients before the IRS and state tax authorities for nearly two decades. We have a very long history of delivering prompt solutions and effective relief to our clients’ tax problems. We understand the stress of tax problems and are sensitive to the distress it brings on your family and work.
We are not a one size-fits-all operation. We customize our services to the particular needs of each client. Unlike other tax firms, your FREE initial consultation is always with one of our Lawyers. And, all throughout your experience with us, you will get the benefit of your case being handled by an Attorney – from the initial stages through conclusion.
End the procrastination and call us TODAY at (212)-490-0704.
WHY CHOOSE A TAX LAWYER?
- Attorney-Client Privilege: While other tax professionals may be forced to disclose what you told them, by law, communication between you and your lawyer is protected, making it confidential and not available to anyone else. This allows for an environment where you can freely share the nature and circumstances of your tax issues with us, making it more likely that we will get you relief, more promptly and effectively.
- Put a Lawyer between you and the IRS: A lawyer knows in advance the ramifications of specific steps and conducts in dealing with the IRS. If you deal directly with the IRS, you may make inadvertent statements or offer information that does not help your case. An experienced lawyer can protect you from making these types of errors. Once you hire us, IRS must go through us in all interactions with you. That offers you additional protection as we can ensure your rights are fully protected.
- Advanced Knowledge of Tax Laws: We are attorneys fully conversant with the tax laws. With our experience over nearly two decades representing clients before the IRS and other taxing authorities, we are able to comprehensively review each individual or business situation and promptly begin on a course of solutions that would help you.
- IRS Uses Tax Lawyers, Why Shouldn’t You? IRS Examiners and Officers represent the interest of the IRS, not yours! Their lawyers vet all of IRS activities and operations in advance. Wouldn’t it be fairer if you too had your own lawyer backing you up? Armed with advanced degrees and constant updates on various facets of Tax Law, our Lawyers competently and effectively represent clients in all phases of Tax Disputes, including in the US Tax Courts and the United States District Courts.
- The Lawyer Advantage – IRS Officers will take advantage of every taxpayer who is not knowledgeable about tax laws, IRS audit or collection procedure. We can protect you from IRS errors, abuse or intimidation. Our Lawyers’ knowledge of the Tax Laws and finely honed negotiating skills are very critical in assisting individuals and businesses caught in the IRS grip.
Tax problems do not get better with age.
Give us a call today at (212)-490-0704 for a FREE consultation.